We’re looking for our next Home Automation “Magician”!
Imagine walking into a client’s luxury home to make their newly installed home automation system come alive. Their house has an extravagant home theater, automated home lighting throughout, speakers in every room, motorized window shades and a blazing fast internet connection. This is your stage, your opportunity to make magic happen! Just like a magician, your remarkable talents amaze your clients and bring huge smiles to their delighted faces.
If this scenario excites you, we need to talk!
We are a well-established, integrated technologies, experience provider, serving residential clients throughout the Puget Sound. We are proud of our reputation of consistently delivering great service, high quality, and unsurpassed value to our customers. We are continuing to challenge ourselves by pushing the limits of building a “World Class Service” team. To that end, we are searching for a Home Automation Programmer with the experience and expertise to help us achieve that next level.
Our commitment to great customer service extends to our pledge to care for our team members. We pour energy and resources into building an environment and company culture where people find professional fulfillment and personal enjoyment. Our 7-year track record of organizational success and consistent, measured growth gives us confidence in our ability to sustain continued success well into the future.
A successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to
- keep pace with a wide-variety of evolving subject material relating to Information Technology, Mobile hardware/software, Home Automation/IoT, and Audio/Video equipment
- amaze and delight clients and interact/connect with a wide range of personalities
- explain complicated concepts in a simplified form
- creatively customize solutions to exceed customer expectations
Areas of Responsibility
Programming, demonstrating, and servicing the following systems for our clients.
- Home automation systems integration including audio, video, lighting, HVAC, security, and surveillance
- Networks including VLANS, VPNs, WiFi, and other networking topologies
- Mobile applications which access the above systems
Education and Experience
HS diploma, equivalent
2+ year programming experience
Applicant must be proficient in all the following:
- Mac and Windows Operating Systems
- iOS and Android Mobile Operating Systems
- Wired and Wireless computer networking
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language
Applicant’s experience should include one or more of the following:
- Home Theater Systems
- Home Automation & Control Systems
- Security & Surveillance Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Solar Energy Systems
- HVAC Control Systems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with control protocols including RS232, IR, IP
- Experience and passion with gadgets, electronics, and home theater and audio
- Detail-oriented, efficient and organized professional
- High moral and ethical standards
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership approach by example, objective, and vision
- Friendly, positive, can-do, service attitude
- Resourceful in the completion of projects
- Effective multi-tasker
- Team player
All company employees:
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Must present and maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Very periodic weekends, occasional work outside of normal business hours
To apply for this position
- Include a cover letter with a short paragraph describing how your experience qualifies you for this position.
- Include a second paragraph describing a time when you delivered a service experience that resulted in a delighted customer.
- Include a resume